Park Elementary School
Program for Gifted Students and Able Learners
Mrs. Sandy Beck ,Teacher
- Exploring Hidden
- Using hand lenses, microscopes and their
own imaginations and creative thinking skills, students will
explore both literal and figurative hidden worlds.
- Students will:
- Learn how to use microscopes
and make their own sample slides.
- Use the Scientific Method to
- Examine coins and paper currency
for hidden codes then research the history and meanings of these
- Compare different forms of keratin:
feathers, scales, hair and fur.
- Study and compare the structures
of plant and animal cells.
- Examine crystals using laptops
and QX-5 digital microscopes on loan from the National High Magnetic
- Create movies with the QX-5
- Study organisms that live in
- Learn how forensic scientists
use clues to solve crimes, then create and compare their own
- Study the art style known as
pointillism and Georges Seurat the artist who created it then
produce their own pointillist painting.
The Wild Classroom